Global SIM 360 Installation & Reference Guide
When you receive your card, it will be in a “dead” status. To activate your card, please notify your representative or click here.
- With your phone powered OFF, insert your GS360 SIM card into your unlocked GSM phone.
- Turn the phone ON and wait for the SIM menu to appear on the screen.
- Once you are connected to a network you will receive an SMS containing your new mobile number. Should it not automatically register to a network, do a manual search and Select the Network.
- The assigned phone number (MSISDN) can be retrieved at any time by dialing *133# and CALL
Texting will default to your MSISDN
- If you purchased a DID number (country specific), it may retrieved by dialing *110 # and CALL
PLACING BASIC CALLS WORLD WIDE
- Use the International dialing format for all calls by putting a “+” followed by the country code and the phone number - eg +44123456789. If no “+” is available, dial "00 " followed by the Country Code. For international #’s drop the leading zero.
If dialing format is correct & you are still experiencing dialing difficulty: replace + with a * and add a # at the end.
For example to call the UK mobile number 07123 456789 you would then dial *44 7123 456789#
- Press CALL button
WAIT to be connected (3-10 seconds)
- Depending on country location, some calls will “Direct Dial” and others will be a“Call Back”. The SIM will automatically determine the method.
IMPORTANT: Using the GS360 SIM is very simple, but it is different than traditional phone operation. Most times when you make a call, the original connection will be ABORTED, and you will receive a "call back" instead. "Call Back" means that instead of your call going direct, your phone will ring first. After answering, the system will dial the destination number.
* 133 # (CALL) RETRIEVE ASSIGNED PHONE NUMBER (MSISDN)
* 100 # (CALL) RETRIEVES DATE OF CONTRACT END
* 110 # (CALL) RETRIEVES SIM SERIAL NUMBER and optional DID#
# 954 (CALL) RESETS CALL-BACK FUNCTION (use this command only as a last resort when troubleshooting)
- When traveling, place device in “airplane mode”. When device is taken out of airplane mode, it will conduct an automatic location update and connect to a tower.
- If you’re having trouble connecting to a tower or completing a call, there a few things you can do:
- place device in and out of “airplane mode” to force a location update.
- Do a “manual search” for a cellular network - found in your device “setting” menu - choose a network and connect
- Restart your device. This usually takes care of any issues.
- Execute the #954 CALL command
- Contact your representative
- You may purchase a DID (Direct Inward Dial) number to allow others to contact you on their standard device, by way of a local number. DID pricing and availability varies by location. Please contact your representative for information.
- When traveling, it can be helpful to forward your personal (non-global) number to your DID. This allows anyone who already has your personal number to contact you, wherever you are in the world - without distributing your international number. Consult your standard carrier for forwarding instructions.
Cellular and data service automatically terminate at completion of prepaid term. To avoid service interruption, contact your representative prior to termination to extend.